Concerning cry babies...

Go down

Concerning cry babies...

Post by Jafter on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:09 pm

When it comes to DayZ, we all know that gear is hard to come by... As human beings, we're naturally programmed to hoard copious amounts of things that serve various purposes in our lives. The reason why I'm talking about this is because I'd like to talk about people who get angry at losing their stuff... Rolling Eyes Honestly, there's nothing worse than someone who cries about having spent hours looking for items, only to have it either stolen or forcefully taken from them. We've all been there, we've all experienced it. If you find yourself in that kind of mood, I have one thing to tell you, it's just a game. There are rules to playing DayZ, and those are:

1. Don't get attached to the items you find.
2. Don't trust anyone until you've established a relationship of some sort.

If you follow these two simple rules, I think you'll be able to play the game with relative ease without getting your eyes wet.

GL;HF!
Jafter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Spilled Milk

Post by dcwalker30 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:04 pm

It can be so hard to keep that perspective! It's definitely human nature to hoard it up, but it's also human nature to hate losing things that "belonged" to you, lol. Although it's not worth crying in side chat.
dcwalker30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Concerning cry babies...

Post by BaungCDXX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Personally, I don't hoard things, so when I lose the bit that I have, I actually lose the things that belong to me

"If you can't carry it, it's not yours/you don't need it." is my mantra.

Last edited by BaungCDXX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

BaungCDXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dcwalker30 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:41 pm

That's a good way to look at it Baung ... "If you can't carry it, it's not yours." That will help me keep a healthy perspective on things!
dcwalker30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BaungCDXX on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:50 pm

That being said, I'm still the noob that starts a fresh spawn 95% of the time I play, and never actually accomplish anything except waste time.

I guess the thrill of the game for me is trying to just survive day to day, I don't see any incentive to having a huge stockpile, since it will inevitably deplete naturally/get stolen and I'll just have to do it again anyway..what good is a full armory, if you are out of ammo on the other side of the map?

BaungCDXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaotic on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Personally, I keep 2 guns on myself, one for protecting myself and my fellow players....and one for doing SERIOUS damage. Most of the time though, the way things work is that you should carry a silenced weapon (preferably m9sd), an assault rifle (preferably fn-fal or something along those lines as it offers good protection) and a sniper (like a DMR) those are all relatively sound weapons and make for a good loadout.

The thrill of the game is when you get into combat for some players like myself, or for david I think the fun comes in trying to get across the map without dying to go get food or loot a store Razz
Kaotic
Admin

View user profile http://thewinchester.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dcwalker30 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Yep! You nailed it Kaotic! I love trying to survive as long as possible while throwing a little risk in there for excitement (like timing out in a helicopter in the middle of Elektro!) Creeton made a good point the other day when we logged on. He was determined to shoot some zombies. We had awesome guns on 3 different occasions and lost all of them before we ever fired them once. Having a stockpile definitely isn't worth it if you don't actually use anything. We've started using our weapons a lot more to kill zombies and such, so we're finding that we need the stockpile since we're using ammo faster. What we did to keep from running out of ammo on the opposite side of the map is spread our camps out. We've probably got 8 different camps going now at different locations on the map with gear spread throughout. Unless we're on the coast, we're never that far from a camp. I keep the different coords in a notepad file on my PC. Smile
dcwalker30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum